buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Bundled Buildr + JRuby distribution
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:04:19 GMT
Hi,

I've created an experimental distribution of Buildr 1.3.5 and JRuby 1.4.0
and made it available at:
http://people.apache.org/~boisvert/buildr-1.3.5-jruby-1.4.0.zip

The distro is 15M -- not too bad.  I've trimmed the packaged JRuby of
everything I could that didn't affect functionality, such as documentation
and Ruby 1.9 support.

To use it, simply
  1) unzip in a directory,
  2) set your PATH to point to the "bin" directory, and
  3) run "buildr" as usual.

Looking for feedback on how it works as a quick way to get yourself/other
people started.  If there's enough interest, it could become part of our
supported distros.

thanks,
alex