buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundled Buildr + JRuby distribution
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:56:59 GMT
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Daniel Spiewak <djspiewak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I forgot about that.  Our JRuby code does require jruby-ffi.  Is it
> possible
> to bundle the appropriate native libs within a JRuby distribution?

Actually, the libs are already there.

boisvert@boog:/opt/boisvert/buildr-1.3.5-jruby-1.4.0/lib/native$ find . |
grep ffi
./x86_64-FreeBSD/libjffi-0.6.so
./i386-SunOS/libjffi-0.6.so
./i386-Windows/jffi-0.6.dll
./i386-Linux/libjffi-0.6.so
./s390x-Linux/libjffi-0.6.so
./darwin/libjffi-0.6.jnilib
./x86_64-SunOS/libjffi-0.6.so
./x86_64-Linux/libjffi-0.6.so
./i386-FreeBSD/libjffi-0.6.so
./sparc-SunOS/libjffi-0.6.so
./sparcv9-SunOS/libjffi-0.6.so

I can't make sense of the error message "Can't load AMD 64-bit .so on a AMD
64-bit platform", though.

Another thing to consider is that JRuby does have a jar-complete
> distribution which is a little easier to manage.  We would have to write a
> separate buildr script just for that distribution, but it might be an
> overall win in terms of manageability.

Yes, I think that's a logical second step.  I'd like to get things polished
with the current distro first.

alex