buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder ...@blau.de>
Subject AW: bad error-reporting
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:55:48 GMT
that's great!

for additional information:

we have lots of projects that we migrate to buildr and on that way we restructure them to
have subprojects and to match the apache folder standard.

so there is often the case that some sub projects misses a folder and so our standard tasks
fail.

it would be of great value if the failed task would print out its current scope so that one
knows where to look for the missing source, or even that the problem is that there is something
missing for packaging or compiling or whatever task is on its way...

Von: Alex Boisvert [alex.boisvert@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 21. November 2009 03:17
An: users@buildr.apache.org
Betreff: Re: bad error-reporting

The first issue here was that because 'src/main/java' didn't exist, then the
Java compiler wasn't being selected.  As a result, compile.target was nil
and since nil.to_s is equal to '' (empty string) and you would get strange
exceptions about task ''.

If you had added compile.using :javac, you would not have gotten any
exception -- although it would have resulted in a .jar file without any
.classes.

In any case, I've added a few checks so we now fail-fast if there's any nil
values being passed into package.with() or include().

alex