buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr on IRC
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:42:27 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Antoine Toulme <antoine@lunar-ocean.com>wrote:

> do you think IRC would be a good place to discuss over Buildr stuff ?

I think it's a good place for real-time interaction, informal and
out-of-band communication, brainstorming / thinking out loud and helping
other people.

I wouldn't want substantive discussion happening on IRC without some sort of
synchronization with the mailing lists.   The mailing lists remain our
official communication channel.

At the personal level, I enjoy IRC but often times I just have to shut it
down as it leads to too much distractions.  (Like I don't have enough of
those already ;)

I am on the channel #buildr on irc.freenode.net for those who feel like
> discussing there.

Cool.  We should probably point to this IRC channel on the website if we
want people to use it.

alex