buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: Continuous Integration Tool with Buildr support?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:29:38 GMT
Hi,

On Jan 19, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Antoine Toulme wrote:

> A wild guess - I think it would be easier to find buildr. Right now,
> you
> have to make sure it is in the path.

That's true.

> Then, it would also be worthwhile to be able to specify which
> version of
> buildr you use for your project.

You can do this with a shell command:

$ buildr _1.3.3_ --version
Buildr 1.3.3
$ buildr _1.3.5_ --version
Buildr 1.3.5
$ buildr _3.9.0_ --version
/Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:827:in `report_activate_error':
RubyGem version error: buildr(1.3.3 not = 3.9.0) (Gem::LoadError)
	from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:261:in `activate'
	from /Library/Ruby/Site/1.8/rubygems.rb:68:in `gem'
	from /usr/bin/buildr:18

However, I usually don't -- I have lots of builds for the same project
(trunk, current stable, nightly distributions for both, integration
tests for both) and it would be a pain to have to change all of them
whenever I switch buildr versions.  Easier just to upgrade buildr on
the system and be done with it.

> And finally ... well how do they do it for ant ?

I have found the specific ant configuration process in hudson
cumbersome and always just used the default one (i.e., the one on the
path).  I'll grant that it might be helpful if you have a large hudson
deployment with many projects, though.

Thanks for the reply.

Rhett