buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject Re: Getting access to bin directory in packaging extension
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:10:05 GMT
Yep, no, it won't work. It's a limitation/bug of the deb packaging, I should
have used path_to.

Grab the project to be able to call path_to on it. When you create the task,
make sure to have the project associated with it.

Grep the buildr code for a private method called associate_to if needed.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 08:00, Danny O'Connor <danny.oconnor@propylon.com>wrote:

> Cheers for the reply,
>
> I don't seem to have access to the 'path_to' function in the constructor of
> the task ( undefined method `_' for #<Buildr::PackageRPMTask:0x3717ee94> )
>
> I see in your code you've done:
>

> root = File.join("target", "_#{File.basename(name)}")
>
> If you have subprojects will using "target" directly like that work ?
>
> I thought that was the idea of the path_to function,
>
> Thanks again,
> Danny.
>

> Antoine Toulme wrote:
>
>> You mean you want to use the target directory of the project.
>>
>> How about _(:target, :rpm)
>>
>> and then:
>> _(:target, :rpm, :top_dir)
>> _(:target, :rpm, :build_root)
>>
>> See also:
>>

>> http://github.com/intalio/package_as_deb/blob/master/lib/buildrdeb/package.rb
>> which implements a different strategy, using the name of the task so that
>> you can have more than one deb packaging per project:
>>
>> root = File.join("target", "_#{File.basename(name)}")
>> mkpath File.join(root, "DEBIAN")
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Antoine
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 03:31, Danny O'Connor <danny.oconnor@propylon.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Hi There,
>>>
>>> I'm doing an rpm packaging extension,
>>>
>>> I'm running into a problem defining the 'top dir' and 'build dir' for the
>>> rpm, at the moment I have:
>>>
>>> module Buildr
>>>
>>>  class PackageRPMTask < ArchiveTask
>>>
>>>   def initialize(root, path)
>>>     @temp_working_dir = File.join(Dir.tmpdir(), "buildr.#{$$}")
>>>     @rpm_top_dir = "#{@temp_working_dir}/buildr/rpm_top_dir"
>>>     @rpm_build_root = "#{@temp_working_dir}/buildr/rpm_build_root"
>>>     @target = "noarch"
>>>     super
>>>   end
>>>
>>> Instead of using a temporary directory though, it might be nicer to use a
>>> folder in the 'bin' directory of the local build workspace.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know the best way to get access to it in the task definition
>>> ?
>>>
>>> I've attached the source of what I have so far, it works at the moment,
>>> you
>>> can use it like any other archive packaging format:
>>>
>>> package(:rpm).with(:spec => RPM_SPEC_STRING)
>>> package(:rpm).include("etc/myserviceinitd", :as =>