buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildfiles in project directory
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:46:22 GMT
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Kerry Wilson <KWilson@picagroup.com> wrote:

> I am kicking the tires of Buildr for company usage.  It seems that the
> buildfile has to reside in the parent directory of the projects with each
> projects build definition inside it.  This is not optimal for my company as
> we need to be able to put each project's buildfile under source control
> within the directory.  Is there any way to do this in the current release of
> Buildr?

If your project are in different source control repositories, then it
usually makes more sense to have individual Buildfiles for each and share
common configuration through some other mean, like svn:externals, git
submodule / braids, use an ENV variable to point to shared config, even
configuration files pushed to Maven repositories, etc.

You can then just 'require' or load the shared configuration depending on
how you've chosen to share it.   For artifacts, you can install them in a
local M2 repo for sharing, or use ENV variable to point to other dependent
projects.

alex