buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: generate geronimo-application.xml during EAR packaging?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:23:41 GMT
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Will Rogers <wjrogers@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Alex Boisvert <alex.boisvert@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Related follow-up question: it looks like I need to specify one of the
> >> libs I'm packaging in my EAR as a module/connector in the
> >> application.xml. Can I add arbitrary elements to Buildr's
> >> application.xml output?
> >

> > That's probably what I would do, yes.
>
> Sorry for being a complete neophyte, but do you mean yes, you would
> add arbitrary elements to Buildr's application.xml output? If so, how
> do I go about doing that?

Yes, I would extend or monkey-patch the EarTask and override its
descriptor_xml method, either calling super and reprocessing the XML
content, or rewrite all of it depending on how much I need to customize it.

... or monkey-patch the descriptor instance's xml method in much the same
way; the object returned from package(:ear).descriptor.  Many ways to skin a
cat.

alex

alex