buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: Does the SQL ant task work in buildr for anyone else?
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 02:18:31 GMT
Hi,

On Feb 22, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> It fails for me with Ant 1.7.1 but works with 1.8.0 so I'd be
> inclined to
> point the finger towards Ant.

Ah, the one variable I didn't try.  Curiously it works in both ant
1.7.0 and 1.8.0, but not in 1.7.1.

> I didn't look in the Ant sql task code
> although I wouldn't be surprised to see a System.exit() somewhere in
> there
> given the abrupt termination behavior.

I spent a little time looking for exit-related oddities in ant 1.7.1
(and, after you pointed it out, differences between 1.8.0 and 1.7.1),
but I didn't find anything that explained this behavior (at least to
me).  I'm sure it's in there somewhere, but I'm happy to switch ant
versions and be done with it.  I'll report an issue in case someone
else runs into this in the future and/or you want to update to ant
1.8.0 as the default.

Thanks,
Rhett