buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: Integration Testing
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:19:31 GMT
Hi Kerry,

On Feb 15, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Kerry Wilson wrote:

> Reading from the documentation I am unclear how to run integration
> tests.  Here is what I have:
>
> define 'my-project' do
>
>  # unit tests
>  test.compile.from('unit-tests').with *TEST_DEPENDENCIES
>  test.with *TEST_DEPENDENCIES
>
>  # integration testing
>  test.using :integration
>  test.compile.from('functional-tests').with *TEST_DEPENDENCIES
>  test.with *TEST_DEPENDENCIES
>
> end
>
> Unit testing works fine until I add the integration tests then
> 'buildr test' runs integration tests instead.  What am I doing wrong?

Each subproject can have either unit or integration tests, not both.
To put it another way, each subproject can have only one test task,
which can run either in the unit test part of the lifecycle or the
integration test part.

If you need multiple kinds of tests for a particular project, use a
separate subproject for the integration tests.

Rhett