buildr-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Philippe Caruana <jeanphilippe1.caru...@orange-ftgroup.com>
Subject always running test for other project
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:25:18 GMT
Hi,

I don't understand how buildr works - I thought i did though.
I have a project made of several subprojects with dependencies between
each other.

/myProject (that's where my buildfile is)
/---/commons-util
/---/commons-test
/---/artifactToBuild

so my build file looks like something like this :
define 'myProject' do

   compile.using :target=>'1.5', :other=>['-encoding', 'ISO8859_1']
:debug=>true

   desc 'utils for easy testing in the project'
   define 'commons-test' do
     compile.with COMMONS_TEST_DEPENDENCIES
     test.resources
     package :jar
   end

   desc 'utils for the whole project'
   define 'commons-util' do
     compile.with COMMONS_UTIL_DEPENDENCIES
     test.with project('commons-test'), JUNIT_3, MOCKRUNNER, DB_UNIT
     package :jar
   end

   desc 'i want to build it as fast as possible'
     define 'artifactToBuild' do
       compile.with project('commons-util'),
ARTIFACT_TO_BUILD_UTIL_DEPENDENCIES, COMMONS_UTIL_DEPENDENCIES
       test.with project('commons-test'), JUNIT_3, DB_UNIT
       test.exclude 'Abstract*'
       package :jar
     end
end

every time i launch "buildr package" in artifactToBuild or "buildr
test", it launches all the tests in commons-test and commons-util even
if nothing changed in this projects. These can be pretty long. How can I
do to change this behaviour ?

(Buildr 1.3.5 )

Thanks

-- Jean-Philippe Caruana
********************************
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'attention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. CVF decline
toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme
ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire
immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or
dissemination is prohibited.
Messages are susceptible to alteration. CVF shall not be liable for the
message if altered, changed or falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender..