buildr-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Always compiling
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 02:56:58 GMT
> Most likely you have a source file (Foo.scala) that does not generate an
> equivalent class file (Foo.class).
>
> This pattern is currently required to only recompile sources that have
> changed.   (Scala 2.8 offers a better way but this feature has not been
> integrated yet).

Done in r925720.  Compiler-level change detection is now enabled by default
when using the 2.8 (or greater) compiler.  The one caveat is that any use of
joint-compilation will cause Buildr to fall back on all-or-nothing
file-based change detection.  This is only because I haven't had a chance to
test joint compilation in the presence of compiler-level change detection,
and I'm a little concerned about the compiler being overly-optimistic.

I did take the time to document the feature, as well as provide instructions
for using Buildr with Scala 2.8 (something we seemed to be lacking).  Enjoy!

Daniel