buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject Re: release task
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 20:15:58 GMT
1. I think we should encourage people to have their own policy for version
naming. Most of the time using the incremental approach is fine, but for
releasing, they may want to pass a promoting version fragment (if you look
at Eclipse, it's pretty hard to have that behavior, they have nightly
builds, milestone builds, release builds, and the version is
[N|I|M|R]-v#{timestamp}).
2. We should not split on -, only replace -SNAPSHOT.

I don't think we should jump rc1 to rc2 right away.