buildr-users mailing list archives

From Magnus Rundberget <mrundber...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: buildr 1.4.0 performance compared to 1.3.5
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 18:08:00 GMT

Should I file a jira/issue for the junit-ant-integration ? Maybe the slowdown is due to changes
in ant-junit-1.8.0/1.8.1 on how one should best invoke it ?

I have been testing out gradle for the same build as the one I used as an example for buildr.Out
of curiosity I tried downgrading gradles bundled ant(1.8.1 to 1.7.1) to see if I could gain
any performance improvement, but it didn´t seem to make any difference there.
I´ve read several postings on people complaining about the ant junit performance after upgrading
to version 1.8.0...
cheersMagnus

> From: mrundberget@hotmail.com
> To: users@buildr.apache.org
> Subject: RE: buildr 1.4.0 performance compared to 1.3.5
> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:19:00 +0000
>

> Changed ant version to 1.7.1 in ant.rb for buildr 1.4.0 and voila 36 seconds for the
build :-) I.e approx the same as for buildr 1.3.5

> cheers
>
> Magnus
>

> > From: mrundberget@hotmail.com
> > To: users@buildr.apache.org
> > Subject: RE: buildr 1.4.0 performance compared to 1.3.5
> > Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:19:38 +0000
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > Thx for swift reply!
> >

> > I timestamped the log output and it appears that running junit-tests in one of the
subprojects is significantly slower with buildr 1.4.0.

> > 3 seconds with buildr 1.3.5, 16 seconds with buildr 1.4.0.
> >

> > Many of the tests are failing (130 of 200), so I'm running with :fail_on_failure=>false.
(The tests are failing because I haven't ported our custom mocking framework using aspects
yet).