buildr-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kristof Jozsa <kristof.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildr 1.4.0 (without jruby) on cygwin
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:14:02 GMT
Hi Magnus,

did you manage to install buildr on windows at last? I'm trying to set
up an old windows-box as the hudson server for the company but failed
miserably on this rjb gem installation with the same problems :(

K


On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Magnus Rundberget
<mrundberget@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm stuck with cygwin at my organization....
>
> I have tried to install buildr 1.4.0 (without jruby) on cygwin but so far no luck.
> Any pointers would be appreciated !
>
>
>
> 1. Installed ruby package through cygwin setup
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i386-cygwin]
>
> $ gem -v
> 1.3.7
>
> $ echo $JAVA_HOME
>
> c:/dev/JDK160
>
>
>
> 2. trying to install buildr
> $ gem install buildr --version 1.4.0
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> ERROR:  Error installing buildr:
>    ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> /usr/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
> checking for jni.h... no
> *** extconf.rb failed ***
> Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
> necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
> details.  You may need configuration options.
>
> Provided configuration options:
>    --with-opt-dir
>    --without-opt-dir
>    --with-opt-include
>    --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
>    --with-opt-lib
>    --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
>    --with-make-prog
>    --without-make-prog
>    --srcdir=.
>    --curdir
>    --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
>
>
> Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.5 for inspection.
> Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.5/ext/gem_make.out
>
>
> 3. try install downloaded gem for buildr
> gem install buildr-1.4.0-x86-mswin32.gem
> Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
> ERROR:  Error installing buildr-1.4.0-x86-mswin32.gem:
>    ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> /usr/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb
> checking for jni.h... no
> *** extconf.rb failed ***
> Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of
> necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
> details.  You may need configuration options.
>
> Provided configuration options:
>    --with-opt-dir
>    --without-opt-dir
>    --with-opt-include
>    --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
>    --with-opt-lib
>    --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
>    --with-make-prog
>    --without-make-prog
>    --srcdir=.
>    --curdir
>    --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
>
>
> Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.5 for inspection.
> Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.5/ext/gem_make.out
>
>
>
> cheers
> Magnus
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection.
> https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?id=60969

Mime
View raw message