buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: Removing toplevel prefix from the generated IntelliJ IDEA .iml files
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 23:08:37 GMT
Hi Karl,

On Jul 5, 2010, at 4:52 AM, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I've been browsing the online docs, the API docs and also looked at
> the IDEA buildr source code a bit, but if the answer was right there
> in my face, I didn't see it...
>
> I have a toplevel Buildfile in project foo, and a few subjects, say
> bar and baz. Inside baz/, I do buildr idea, and the file foo-bar.iml
> is generated. However, I want this file to be named bar.iml, i.e.
> without the toplevel prefix "foo-".

This is the default behavior for the buildr-iidea plugin, which is a third-party replacement
for the built-in idea and idea7x tasks:

http://github.com/realityforge/buildr-iidea

If you are using buildr-iidea, you can also control the name for a particular project like
so:

define "foo" do
  define "bar" do
    iml.id = "not-bar"
  end
end

In this situation, the IML for bar would be named not-bar.iml.

Rhett