buildr-users mailing list archives

From Magnus Rundberget <mrundber...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: buildr 1.4.0 (without jruby) on cygwin
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:03:44 GMT

FYI:

Submitted bug to rjb and got the following reply (and the bug was rejected);

"Hi, Windows JVM lives just in Windows world. It means you need
to specify all pathes as Windows style, using '\' for the directory
separator and ';' for the path separator.
So your JAVA_HOME and PATH environmental variables are useless
for JVM but for Rjb (because Rjb was forced to live in Cygwin).
Please change all pathes in JAVA_HOME, CLASSPATH, PATH etc as
Windows style, and if it caused error for loading JVM (because
Or you can patch dl for converting Windows style path into Cygwin
style path."

I managed to get rjb to load by adding/modyfying the following in the load method in ..buildr/java/rjb.rb
"-Xbootclasspath:c:\\dev\\jdk160\\jre\\lib\\rt.jar" , "-Dsun.boot.library.path=c:\\dev\\jdk160\\jre\\bin"

java_opts= ["-Xbootclasspath:c:\\dev\\jdk160\\jre\\lib\\rt.jar" , "-Dsun.boot.library.path=c:\\dev\\jdk160\\jre\\bin"]
::Rjb.load(cp.join(";"), java_opts)

however my build fails when calling an ant task due to mismatch in windows/cygwin paths and
usage of Path separator (':' vs ';')
Basically buildr/rjb seems confused about which environment I'm actually running in.

So I think I have reached my level of incompetence on this one

magnus