buildr-users mailing list archives

From Travis Jensen <travis.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr and Webstart
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 22:24:55 GMT
Hi, Alex,

That was PERFECT. Replaced tools.jar with java-ws.jar, added it to my
compile.with, and it worked out of the gates.

Thanks.

tj

*Travis Jensen*
***
*Read the Software Maven @ http://softwaremaven.innerbrane.com/
Read my LinkedIn profile @ http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisjensen
Read my Twitter mumblings @ http://twitter.com/SoftwareMaven
Send me email @ travis.jensen@gmail.com

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Alex Boisvert <alex.boisvert@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Travis,
>
> Here's how Buildr locates "tools.jar" internally, which happens to be
> needed
> for a lot of things.  The code handles all platforms we currently support.
>
>  def tools_jar #:nodoc:
>    @tools_jar ||= begin
>      home = ENV['JAVA_HOME'] or fail 'Are we forgetting something?
> JAVA_HOME not set.'
>      ['lib/tools.jar', '../lib/tools.jar'].map { |path|
> File.expand_path(path, home) }.
>        find { |path| File.exist?(path) }
>    end
>  end
>
> You could do something similar and you can safely assume that JAVA_HOME is
> set since it's required by Buildr.
>
> alex
>

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Travis Jensen <travis.jensen@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > javaws.jar is in the JRE/lib directory, but is not included in the
> > classpath
> > by default (Googling around, I found I'm not the only one surprised by
> > that).  There are several classes in the javax.jnlp package that we
> depend
> > on that are part of that jar.  Part of what the JNLP plugins for maven
> and
> > ant do is get that jar into the classpath.
> >
> > Access to JAVA_HOME (or the system property java.home) is exactly what I
> > need, because the path should always be $JAVA_HOME/lib/javaws.jar.  Is it
> > possible to get access to that at runtime or do I need to plan on setting
> > that in my environment and accessing it from there?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > tj
> >
> > *Travis Jensen*
> > ***
> > *Read the Software Maven @ http://softwaremaven.innerbrane.com/
> > Read my LinkedIn profile @ http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisjensen
> > Read my Twitter mumblings @ http://twitter.com/SoftwareMaven
> > Send me email @ travis.jensen@gmail.com
> >
> > **What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**
> >

> > On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Mark Petrovic <mspetrovic@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > It's been a while since I worked with WebStart.  Why do you need this
> jar
> > > on the classpath?  What needs it during the build?

> [...]
 Is
> > > there
> classpath

I'm