buildr-users mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@lunar-ocean.com>
Subject Re: Buildr and Webstart
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:52:50 GMT
Hi Travis,

you should not reference local artifacts so easily. It might work on your
machine, but your coworker on Mac or Windows might have issues.
For that reason, I heartily recommend you use a jar located in a Maven repo
rather than a local jar from your JDK.
At the very least, push the jar to your local maven repo and reference it.
Your build will be much more stable that way.

We have no support AFAIK of java webstart. If you could specify what you
need in a request for enhancement, that would help determine the scope of
such a plugin ?

Finally, we have no support for signing. It's not very hard to call a
command line with system and sign your jar with jarsigner.
I wish it'd be easier though, so if you feel like coding something around
it, feel free ! That's the kind of functionality I think is missing in
Buildr.

HTH

Antoine