buildr-users mailing list archives

From Travis Jensen <travis.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Buildr and Webstart
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:10:13 GMT
I'm asking for a variable for the JDK because I don't want it tied to my
machine. There is no maven artifact for this, because it is distributed with
the JDK, so that option is a non-option.  I don't want to build a maven
repository for a single jar that every developer already has on their
system.

I also would prefer not to add a file that is part of the JDK to my project
because that gives me an additional dependency that is specific to the JDK
I'm using but not obviously tied to it.

Maven and ant both have extensions that manage this, including the compiling
with the jar in the classpath. While that would be ideal, I recognize buildr
is a lot younger, so I'm willing to "work around" that for the time being.
 The whole reason I chose buildr was the ruby base *enables* me to do that
kind of workaround.

tj

*Travis Jensen*
***
*Read the Software Maven @ http://softwaremaven.innerbrane.com/
Read my LinkedIn profile @ http://www.linkedin.com/in/travisjensen
Read my Twitter mumblings @ http://twitter.com/SoftwareMaven
Send me email @ travis.jensen@gmail.com

**What kind of guy calls himself the Software Maven???**