buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: HEADS-UP: JtestR support
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:47:13 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 14, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:

> Anybody has used, currently using, or planning to use JtestR with Buildr?
>
> I'm asking because it's an expensive feature to maintain (the integration
> code is a bit awkward and the dependencies often misaligned) and I feel my
> time would be better spent on other things that would have a more
> significant impact on the project's success.
>
> The JtestR mailing lists are pretty quiet so it's hard to gauge the amount
> of interest in the framework itself.
>
> So if you have any interest in JtestR support, please raise you hand.

I note in favor of removing it: I ported an ant script that used jtestr to buildr a long time
ago.  At first I tried using buildr's jtestr support, but it didn't work how I expected.
I switched to buildr's built-in rspec support and things were much smoother.  So that's a
possible transition path to suggest to folks (if any) who are using jtestr+buildr.

Rhett