buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ed Smiley <esmi...@ebrary.com>
Subject Re: JVM
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:36:42 GMT
Well, I actually got the buildr and rjb gems reinstalled, by actually
painstakingly finding all the header files.  The "Java" object fails to
create a runtime as before, but at least I can run Buildr buildfiles that
don't use it.  One clue is that Finder shows a symlink to a header file that
is no longer there, seems to have been liquidated when I did the final 1.6
Mac JDK update.

Kids, don't try this at home, but this is how I got everything back again
(this is on a Mac, understand):

sudo mkdir -p Home/include

cd /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/rjb-1.2.5/ext/

sudo cp * /Library/Java/Home/Home/include/

*then*

search for jni.h in Finder, copy to /Library/Java/Home/Home/include/  (many
versions)

search for jni_md.h in Finder, copy to /Library/Java/Home/Home/include/

sudo env JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME gem install buildr

1 compilation errors

rjb.c:1678: error: ‘JNI_VERSION_1_4’ undeclared

OK so I guessed *wrong*, searched AGAIN in Finder for 'JNI_VERSION_1_4'

found alternate version of jni.h, took the latest

sudo env JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME gem install buildr AGAIN

Successfully installed rjb-1.2.5

Successfully installed buildr-1.4.3

Whew....