buildr-users mailing list archives

From Ed Smiley <esmi...@ebrary.com>
Subject Java on Mac OS still screwed up
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:26:51 GMT
1. reinstalling works with the latest Java version.
~ $ gem install rjb
Successfully installed rjb-1.3.2
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rjb-1.3.2...
Installing RDoc documentation for rjb-1.3.2...
~ $ gem install --version 1.2.6 rjb
Successfully installed rjb-1.2.6
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rjb-1.2.6...
Installing RDoc documentation for rjb-1.2.6...

~ $ sudo gem install buildr
Password:
To get started run buildr --help
Successfully installed buildr-1.4.3
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for buildr-1.4.3...
Installing RDoc documentation for buildr-1.4.3...

BUT!
2. the JVM cannot be created

3. installing JRUBY and installing Buildr under JRUBY does CREATE a JVM

BUT!
4. NOW it CANNOT find the classpath IN the very JAR it created.  This was working up until
now.

5.  Note that I have a very sophisticated and complex Buildr application with is quite mature
and complex.
This disables a MAJOR feature that was working just fine; why should this suddenly "stop working"?

--Ed