buildr-users mailing list archives

From Marc-André Laverdière <marcandre.laverdi...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing on Ubuntu 10.10
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:41:13 GMT
Hello everyone,

I had to struggle a bit to put Buildr on my machine, so I thought I
should share how I did it.

1. Do the following commands (make sure JAVA_HOME is set first)
sudo apt-get install ruby-full ruby1.8-dev rake libopenssl-ruby
build-essential rubygems1.8

sudo env JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME gem install buildr

2.
It is possible that the executable buildr doesn't exist. So you can add
the following file as /usr/bin/buildr:

#! /bin/bash
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.4.4/_buildr $@

3. Make sure buildr is runnable if you did #2
sudo chmod a+x /usr/bin/buildr

Can the install page be updated accordingly?

Regards,

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com