buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why are test dependencies added to runtime dependencies
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:13:18 GMT
Oh, I see what you mean now.   When I added the run task in buildr 1.3.5, I
didn't really think about the equivalence to "runtime" dependencies from
Maven world.  I wanted the run task to require  little / no configuration.

Anyway, looking back at it now, I think it would be better to use
run.dependencies.   And following this, we can update other tasks to use it
as well.  It will help us align buildr's dependency model to Maven's model
as well.

alex