buildr-users mailing list archives

From Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>
Subject Re: Problem with packaging WARs
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:48:14 GMT
Hi,

I can reproduce this problem, though I also don't see the WAR repackaged if I make changes
to src/main/webapp/test.html.  This is on OS X 10.6.6 with buildr 1.4.4 on MRI 1.8.7.

$ ls -l target/
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 rsutphin  wheel  637 Jan 18 10:17 buildr-1.0.0.war

$ ls -l src/main/webapp/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x  3 rsutphin  wheel  102 Jan 18 10:16 css/
-rw-r--r--  1 rsutphin  wheel   11 Jan 18 10:29 test.html

(Note that test.html was modified after the war was last built.)

$ buildr package
(in /private/tmp/buildr, development)
Building buildr
Packaging buildr
Running integration tests...
Completed in 0.005s

$ ls -l target/
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 rsutphin  wheel  637 Jan 18 10:17 buildr-1.0.0.war

Despite buildr indicating that it's packaging, the war isn't changed.

I have noticed intermittently that some the subproject dependencies in a complex build aren't
rebuilt after a change (usually a resource change).  I hadn't taken the time to isolate the
problem (since a clean build of the affected subproject is a cheap workaround), but this might
be the same problem.

Rhett

On Jan 18, 2011, at 10:04 AM, Ingo Schmidt wrote:

> Hi Antoine,
>
> I hadn't included the buildfile, because I had included the steps how to create it (I
let buildr create it). Anyway, here it is for convenience:
> --------------- snip ---------------
> # Generated by Buildr 1.4.3, change to your liking
> # Version number for this release
> VERSION_NUMBER = "1.0.0"
> # Group identifier for your projects
> GROUP = "buildr-test"
> COPYRIGHT = ""
>
> # Specify Maven 2.0 remote repositories here, like this:
> repositories.remote << "http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/"
>
> desc "The Buildr-test project"
> define "buildr-test" do
>
>  project.version = VERSION_NUMBER
>  project.group = GROUP
>  manifest["Implementation-Vendor"] = COPYRIGHT
>
>  define "app-war" do
>    package(:war)
>  end
>
> end
>
>> since we use timestamps to control what changed, Buildr probably didn't do
>> anything the second time you asked, as the modification occurred last than a
>> second before.
>
> No, that is definitely NOT the case. I checked that. Trust me, I made quite some tests
before I came here and asked.

> This was just an example so that it is easy for people to reproduce it. If you could
create this tiny project and try for yourself?