buildr-users mailing list archives

From Alex Boisvert <alex.boisv...@gmail.com>
Subject VOTE: Remove JtestR support
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:38:23 GMT
As discussed earlier, JtestR integration has become a maintenance burden
that I can no longer sustain in my limited open-source time.  In case you
haven't followed, the main issue is that JtestR is only compatible with a
restricted set of dependencies (notably rspec 1.3.0 and only up to JRuby
1.5.4) which conflicts with buildr's own set of dependencies.   There is no
plan <http://markmail.org/message/ifjbbh6ppyufvxmi> to upgrade JtestR to
rspec 2.0 and combined with the very few users actually relying on JtestR
means the feature doesn't support its own weight.

VOTE
[ ] +1 Agree to remove JtestR support
[ ] +/- 0  No opinion
[ ] -1 Disagree to remove JTestR support (and propose solution to JtestR
maintenance)

If anybody wants to step up and maintain JtestR integration, I would advise
converting it into a plugin separate from Buildr's core.   I believe a
separate release cycle would probably serve users better in any case.

thanks,
alex