buildr-users mailing list archives

From Damian Monogue <demon...@gmail.com>
Subject Nested ant properties
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:42:15 GMT
My appologies if there's a better place to post this, but I've run into an
issue again while using buildr + antwrap. In this case, I'm using it to
call ant tasks defined in my build.xml. One of them is a loop, and part of
this loop is that it passes along a dynamically constructed ant property
name as part of the next chain of tasks.

For instance, there are several *.masterInput.dir properties which are
defined independently of each other. When the loop executes, it may run the
first time and need router.masterInput.dir, and the next use
cooler.masterInput.dir, etc. For example:

<antcall target="runMyLoops">
  <param name="executeThisTask" value ="sometasktoexecute" />
  <param name="masterDir" value="${item}.masterInput.dir"/>
</antcall>

At run time, when this antcall is hit in the chain, it is throwing an
error. The first time, let us say ${item} is replaced with router. The
error below is thrown:

Property 'router.masterInput.dir' is not defined.

This is untrue, though, as I can see where I have defined it in my
buildfile. Has anyone run into this before? I searched the mailing lists
and hit up google, but my googlefu has failed me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Damian