buildr-users mailing list archives

From Niklaus Giger <niklaus.gi...@member.fsf.org>
Subject Questions on howto build a new Buildr plugin
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:38:29 GMT
Hi

I am trying to create a Buildr plugin for creating IzPack installers.

I tried to follow the schema outlined at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Setting+up+a+development+environment+for+Buildr+plugin
and stumbled over the following problems:

a) I think instead of using braid it would make more sense to use git
submodules, which would allow an easy upgrade path to an up-to-date Buildr
version and would not pollute a new (probably quite small) plugin with all the
buildr stuff.

Therefore I would propose to replace there the lines about using braid with
somethink like this:
> git clone git://github.com/apache/buildr.git  buildr
> # If you want to switch to specific tag/branch use
> cd buildr && git checkout  --force 1.4.6 && cd ..
> git submodule add ~/git/buildr buildr
>
> Using git submodules is documented under:
> http://book.git-scm.com/5_submodules.html

b) With the actual rakelib it is not possible to call in a new plug-in "rake
gem", as this would try to compile the Java-Library. The attach patch fixes
this problem. If you want, I can also fork the github-git and send you a pull
request.

Best regards

Niklaus

--