buildr-users mailing list archives

From Michael Guymon <michael.guy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to get Buildr and LockJar to hold hands
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 02:35:58 GMT
Hey Alex,

Thanks, that is what I needed. I found a bunch more self inflicted
problems that I cleaned up and everything seems to be working now. Just
need to write up some docs on how to use it, package the gem, and it is
ready to resolve dependencies for all.

https://github.com/mguymon/lock_jar

thanks,
Michael

On 04/13/2012 12:40 PM, Alex Boisvert wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Just make your lock_jar an instance methods instead of class method.  The
> buildfile object (self) includes all instance methods from the Buildr
> module during bootstrapping.
>
> alex
>

> module Buildr
>
>    class<<  self #<--- Remove this
>      attr_reader :global_lockjar_dsl
>      def lock_jar(&blk )
>          @global_lockjar_dsl = LockJar::DSL.evaluate(&blk)
>      end
>    end
>

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Michael Guymon<michael.guymon@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Buildrians,
>>
>> I am slowly working my on dependency resolution addon and am stuck on how
>> to tweak the buildr buildfile dsl. I want to add a lock_jar block to define
>> repositories and artifacts at a root level and per project. The root level
>> lock_jar definition will be merged into the lock_jar calls in the projects.
>> These lock_jar definitions will get resolved and locked into a file,
>> similar to how bundler works, when the task<project>:lock_jar:lock is run.
>> Then when compile is called on a project, the lock file is loaded to the
>> classpath. This is an example what I am trying to do with the buildfile:
>>
>>    require 'lock_jar'
>>    lock_jar do
>>         repository = 'http://repo1.maven.org/maven2**'
>>
>>         scope 'test' do
>>           jar 'junit:junit:jar:4.10'
>>         end
>>    end
>>
>>    define 'app' do
>>
>>       def 'project1' do
>>         lock_jar do
>>           jar "org.apache.mina:mina-core:**jar:2.0.4"
>>         end
>>       end
>>
>>       def 'project2' do
>>          lock_jar do
>>            pom 'pom.xml'
>>          end
>>       end
>>
>>    end
>>

>> The problem I have is setting the root 'lock_jar' method for the
>> buildfile. The non working version I have now: https://github.com/mguymon/
>> **lock_jar/blob/master/lib/lock_**jar/buildr.rb<https://github.com/mguymon/lock_jar/blob/master/lib/lock_jar/buildr.rb>which
complains of a NoMethodError : undefined method `lock_jar' for