buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Buildr + Addon
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 23:00:14 GMT
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Chris Adams <chris@edatasource.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter,
>
> So, I'm trying to do it slightly different, but what I've done is the following:
>
> 1. Downloaded the findbugs.rb add-on
> 2. Put the add-on into a subfolder within my project ('buildconf/modules/findbugs.rb')
> 3. Updated my buildfile.rb to include 'require 'buildconf/modules/findbugs'
>
> However, when I execute 'builder findbugs:html' I get the error 'Don't know how to build
task 'findbugs:html'.  I have also tried executing 'builder findbugs' same result.

> Sorry for my ignorance in this matter.

No problem - it is actually my fault for not documenting it properly.
You need to explicitly enable the plugin and you (may?) need to
configure some paths etc. Heres an example from one of my top level
projects. HTHs

project X do
  findbugs.enabled = true
  findbugs.config_directory = _('planner/etc/findbugs')
  findbugs.source_paths << project('planner:shared')._(:source, :main, :java)
  findbugs.source_paths << project('planner:client')._(:source, :main, :java)
  findbugs.source_paths << project('planner:server')._(:source, :main, :java)
  findbugs.analyze_paths << project('planner:shared').compile.target
  findbugs.analyze_paths << project('planner:client').compile.target
  findbugs.analyze_paths << project('planner:server').compile.target
  findbugs.extra_dependencies << project('planner:shared').compile.dependencies
  findbugs.extra_dependencies << project('planner:client').compile.dependencies
  findbugs.extra_dependencies << project('planner:server').compile.dependencies
end

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald