buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: switching junit standard output buffering off?
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 03:27:40 GMT
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM, Jason Hoogland <hoogland@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the jvm during junit tests forks abnormally, standard output won;t be
> shown becaused its buffered.  Apparently this can be switched off (e.g.
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.maven.issues/28714,
> http://grokbase.com/t/hadoop/zookeeper-user/10b4h71k09/junit-tests-do-not-produce-logs-if-the-jvm-crashes
> ).
>
> Any ideas on whether/how this might be done with buildr?

Have you observed buffering in Buildr? I would not have thought this
is a problem with the Junit integration built in as it uses the
default reports and not any of the ones the buffering. Even if that
was the cvase you can pass system properties and jvm parameters to the
test JVM that will control this behavior.

test.using :properties => {"myvar" => "x"}, :java_args => :{"myvar" => "x"}

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald