buildr-users mailing list archives

From Liam Christopher <liam.christop...@cbsinteractive.com>
Subject Re: Running the eclipse compiler to generate warnings with buildr.
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 17:58:03 GMT
Hi again,
I managed to get this working, after finding there was a core lib that
already did this, I have a separate, simplified file just for running ecj
like so:

load 'buildfile.dependencies'

require 'buildr/java/ecj'

include Buildr::Compiler

define "api-ecj" do
  options.test = "no"
  compile.with(DEPENDENCIES)
  compile.using(
                :warnings=>true,
                :debug=>true,
                :deprecation=>true,
                :target=>'1.6',
                :source=>'1.6',
                :lint=>true,
#                :other=>["-verbose","-Xmaxerrs", "9999","-Xmaxwarns",
"9999"]
                )
end

Is there anyway we could put something like this in the main docs as an
example?

Also, I updated the compiler version to a more recent compiler
(from ecj.rb)

#Java.classpath << "org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler:ecj:jar:3.5.1"
Java.classpath << 'org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler:ecj:jar:4.2.2' #The prior
version did not check for rawtypes errors

I've got this changed in a github fork that I'd like to submit for future
versions (and I'm looking at updating a few other addons), should I just
submit a pull request to the main project, or is there a better way to find
a POC? There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on this project overall.

Thanks,
liam