buildr-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Tence <vte...@pyxis-tech.com>
Subject Re: Help with code coverage
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:57:24 GMT
Hi Peter,

It would be even better if I can get Jacoco to work instead of emma and cobertura.

I have looked at the sources last week but could not figure a way to merge the reports of
multiple projects into one. Since Jacoco is not mentionned in the guide, I thought support
was still incomplete.

Can you give me an example of using Jacoco on multiple projects and merging reports?

On a side note, anybody has implemented a plugin for integrating with coveralls.io?

Thanks,
-- Vincent

On 2014-03-17, at 8:39 PM, Peter Donald <peter@realityforge.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I missed this. Did anyone get back to you?
>
> We have moved away from both emma and cobertura to jacoco for various
> reasons (mostly due to moving to Java 7) and have no problem merging
> in data from multiple projects. I had a look on the website and there
> does not seem to be any decent documentation for the addon but you can
> see the source at [1]. We generate multiple cov files (one for each
> project) and then have jenkins merge them into one report. I am not
> sure if that helps?
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/buildr/blob/master/addon/buildr/jacoco.rb
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM, Vincent Tence <vtence@pyxis-tech.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I have a project composed of several sub-projects for which I'd like to measure code
coverage. I'm having trouble getting a top-level coverage report that aggregates coverage
for all sub-projects and at the same time let me drill down the results.

and a 4th one that runs integration tests (see build file https://github.com/testinfected/simple-petstore/blob/master/buildfile)

>> I'm not having any success with cobertura. If I run:
>>
>> buildr test cobertura:html
>>
>> it generates an report with only classes from the server sub-project (the one with
the integration tests), and coverage is 0% (expected, since these 3 classes are covered at
integration level).

>> If I add to my buildfile:
>>
>> cobertura.include 'org.testinfected.==*=='
>>
>> I finally get coverage for all classes, but still without the coverage from integration
tests. So it's incomplete.

>> If I try running:
>>
>> buildr test integration cobertura:html
>>
>> report generation fails and cobertura complains that there is no top level reports
directory.

>> On top of that, I have to require the cobertura plugin in my buildfile, since running:
>>
>> buildr -rbuildr/java/cobertura test cobertura:html
>>
>> fails with:
>>
>> RuntimeError : Internal error: attempting to access local setting before buildfile
located

>> With Emma, it's a lot better. It works almost flawlessly running:
>>
>> buildr -rbuildr/java/emma package emma:html
>>
>> I get the top level report with aggregates of the sub-projects, but I cannot drill
down into the report. The top level report references html pages that are not found in the
top level report dir.