buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Dependencies are naturally version ranges, not single versions
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2016 02:03:52 GMT
On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Trejkaz <trejkaz@trypticon.org> wrote:

> Remind me again, though, what *did* Maven improve exactly? It has
> never really been clear to me.

A set of conventions on how to lay out a project. Before maven people used
to files in all sorts of different places and would spend an inordinate
amount of time arguing about why their convention was better. I saw this in
both commercial and oss projects. Now everyone seems to have mostly default
to maven conventions if at all possible, regardless of whether they are
using maven or not.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald