buildr-users mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Generate SHA512 checksum
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 20:29:23 GMT
Sorry for not replying to this it got missed and then I went on holiday ;)

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 10:29 PM, Sathwik B P <sathwik.bp@gmail.com> wrote:
> Coming back the original problem, if other users are using gpg for signing
> snapshots, due to the timestamping thing that came in 1.5.0, one would
> experiece the same problem.

That seems likely. I have not used the timestamping thing yet so yet
to look into it.

> Just for my understanding, can we hold the timestamp constant for the
> lifetime of the build session using the same timestamp for all the
> artifacts that gets uploaded during that session, this could probably solve
> the above issue. No?

yep. The way to do it would be to cache the timestamp the first time
it is generated at and then return the cached value on future calls

https://github.com/apache/buildr/blob/master/lib/buildr/packaging/artifact.rb#L84

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Sathwik B P <sathwik.bp@gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, releases to maven repo with higher SHA are not yet supported
> [INFRA-16169].
>
> We had to drop .sha512 for now and go with the default .md5,.sha1 checksums.

Koolio.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald