bval-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: site for BVal?
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:02:18 GMT
Hi guys,
  What I was talking about on #asfinfra with Gavin was that we would
migrate the current content as static content in svnpubsub, then
decide what's next.  It would seem that using the Apache CMS would be
more in line with the Confluence-exported site we have now, but it
would be wise to temper that observation with the fact our site has
fallen into a state of neglect over time.  I personally don't know how
precisely how to generate the site from Confluence, so it would be my
guess that none of our active community members do.  With infra having
mandated svnpubsub (technically for any new URL hostname, although
they would let us slide for the rest of 2012), the point is basically
moot and I personally think we should go ahead and decide what we want
to do in the future.  Obviously Maven allows us to generate a lot of
content, particularly reports, and I am personally kind of fond of
using the shipped documentation locally rather than having to browse
online.  Personally I am not hugely competent with Maven sites,
however, and less so with multimodule setups.  I would hope that some
of the BVal folks who overlap with the Maven development team could
help us out as able.  By the same token I am not very familiar with
the Apache CMS yet, but it's probably nearly as easy as Confluence,
it's at least somewhat documented, and it's supported.  A third option
is that we could have a CMS-based site that incorporated the
Maven-generated site as a part of its content.

I intend to proceed with migrating the current content as-is to
svnpubsub.  As for the longer term, what do others think?

Matt