bval-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject guice module structure
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:27:04 GMT
Hi all,
  Doing an informal audit of BVal code, and I notice that the guice
module's structure is such that the ValidatorFactoryProvider relies on
an instance of ConfigurationState injected by the
ConfigurationStateProvider.  It isn't explicitly defined in the
specification how ConfigurationState instances are obtained, however,
and so our CSP must directly instantiate BVal's ConfigurationImpl
which implements both Configuration and ConfigurationState.  It would
seem that if we instead injected the Configuration, the VFP could then
simply call Configuration#buildValidatorFactory resulting in a guice
module that should work across bean validation implementations.

Am I missing anything here?

Matt