bval-dev mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of validation.xml
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:57:20 GMT
Cause:
1) TomEE added some features relying on internal config (placeholders etc)
2) TomEE uses its own model for all EE descriptors whatever the spec is

That's not an issue on BVal side but it will need to be integrated
without forking as much as possible

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

> Why can't TomEE rely on BVal for parsing? We should devise something
> as simple as possible, whatever the case.
>
> Matt
>
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
> <rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> well this way we'll need another spi for TomEE which can't rely on
>> BVal for parsing. That's why I thought sending the parsing result
>>

>> BTW any urgence on it?
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> Twitter: @rmannibucau

>>> I was thinking along the lines Michael says. e.g.:
>>>
>>> public interface DefaultValidationConfigurationProvider {
>>>   InputStream getDefaultValidationConfiguration();
>>> }
>>>
>>> Then we use ServiceLoader (functional equivalent for BVal 1.0, Java 5)
>>> to find any available implementations. If none found, we fall back to:
>>>
>>> class StandardDefaultValidationConfigurationProvider implements
>>> DefaultValidationConfigurationProvider {
>>>   final Properties properties;
>>>   StandardDefaultValidationConfigurationProvider(Properties properties) {
>>>     this.properties = properties;
>>>   }
>>>
>>>   public InputStream getDefaultValidationConfiguration() {
>>>     // look for property pointing to custom resource, else
>>> META-INF/validation.xml
>>>     // ensure only one such resource
>>>     // return getResourceAsStream(resourceName)
>>>   }
>>> }
>>>
>>> This way TomEE would simply have to provide:
>>>
>>> WebApplicationDefaultValidationConfigurationProvider implements
>>> DefaultValidationConfigurationProvider {
>>>   public InputStream getDefaultValidationConfiguration() {
>>>     return getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("WEB-INF/validation.xml");
>>>   }
>>>
>>>   private static ServletContext getServletContext() {
>>>     // TBD
>>>   }
>>> }
>>>
>>> Matt