bval-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Blyakher <michael.blyak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Location of validation.xml
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:39:15 GMT
So if I understand this latest proposal correctly, any bootstrapper (EE
servers specifically) will be able to provide the parsed validation.xml
configuration to the ApacheValidatorConfiguration?

If so, how will this work with the mappings config files? If for example I
have my constraints defined in WEB-INF/my-mappings.xml, while bootstrapping
will I still be able to set the InputStream for that file without bval
trying to do it as well (and not finding this resource at this location)?
Previously this could be accomplished by specifying
Configuration.ignoreXMLConfiguration, but I don't quite see how that would
work in this case.

Thanks,
Mike

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com>wrote:

> Well if we can avoid to fork/branch tomee before next release would be
> awesome but yes it sonds reasonable and avoiding jvm SPI is awesome
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

> > Actually, come to think of it, we don't have to do it as a "services"
> > SPI at all; we can just define the interface and have it be a custom
> > config item for ApacheValidatorConfiguration. This makes it more
> > explicit and TomEE can just specify when bootstrapping--hopefully,
> > anyway. We'll see if there are any gotchas and hopefully we can get it
> > working in a TomEE branch or fork before we set it in stone. Okay?
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Well, in that case I don't see how we can really go wrong there. I'll
> >> try to remember to do this as I'm hacking BVal in the coming weeks and
> >> maybe we can then see how it looks in TomEE.
> >>
> >> Matt

> getDefaultValidationConfig();

> (placeholders etc)
> is

> [...]