bval-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject build fails with OWB-1.7.3 and later
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:22:10 GMT
Hi folks!

BVal currently uses OWB-1.6.0 for the TCK. All works fine up to until OWB-1.7.2, but from
1.7.3 up it fails.
I've now checked a few tests and I'm quite confused.
For example in
MessageInterpolatorSpecifiedInValidationXmlNoDefaultConstructorTest
The config file validation-MessageInterpolatorSpecifiedInValidationXmlNoDefaultConstructorTest.xmlreferences
a class org.hibernate.beanvalidation.tck.tests.xmlconfiguration.XmlDefinedMessageInterpolator.NoDefaultConstructorInterpolator
But NoDefaultConstructorInterpolator is actually an inner class. And thus it must be configured
as
org.hibernate.beanvalidation.tck.tests.xmlconfiguration.XmlDefinedMessageInterpolator$NoDefaultConstructorInterpolator
Note the '$' for inner classes.
And of course since this is a dot instead a $ we blow up with a ClassNotFoundException.Now
the weird thing is that this test expects a failure, and thus it is green - but certainly
in a way which was not intended ;)
I'm currently trying to figure why it fails with OWB-1.7.4 and then also will test with OWB-2.0.0.
LieGrue,strub