calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jul...@hydromatic.net>
Subject Quidem - idempotent query
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:29:58 GMT
Quidem is the idempotent scripting engine I mentioned at the meetup. It used to be part of
Optiq as a class called SqlRun, but over the weekend I factored it into a standalone component,
net.hydromatic.quidem.

You can use it to test any JDBC data source. I’ve been writing DBMSs for almost 20 years,
and have grown to love and hate the standard approach to testing, namely SQL scripts and “golden”
reference files. I believe that Quidem is a big improvement, and I would urge Drill (and other
database developers) to give it a try.

https://github.com/julianhyde/quidem/

Julian