calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jul...@hydromatic.net>
Subject Re: Adding new drill functions to optiq syntax
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 19:28:58 GMT
On Sep 22, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Yash Sharma <yash360@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am debugging Optiqand DrillOperatorTable.
>
> Strangely this works with backticks - as pointed out by Kryatal in
> DRILL-1441
> select `covar_pop`(employee_id, employee_id) FROM cp.`employee.json` limit
> 10;

See my comments on REPLACE in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-1441. The problems
relate to using a non-reserved keyword as an identifier.

Regarding COVAR_POP. Probably something similar happening regarding reserved words being.
You should probably add it to ReservedFunctionName(), just like VAR_POP and STDEV_POP. That
is probably tricky to do in Drill — so I suggest you contribute an Optiq patch. Be sure
to add tests to SqlOperatorBaseTest along the lines of testVarPopFunc.

Julian