calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Calcite status
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2014 16:59:13 GMT
The IPMC vote finally closed, with 3 +1 votes, so we have a release.
Yay! I am in the process of moving it to Apache’s release staging area
so we can announce 0.9.1-incubating officially.

Apache infra have renamed all of our infrastructure; see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8413 and sub-tasks. Jira,
git, nexus, mailing lists and web sites have now switched from Optiq
to Calcite.

The mailing list was offline for a couple of days, but it’s now back…
evidently, since you are reading this email. If you were subscribed to
dev@optiq.incubator.apache.org, you should now be subscribed to
dev@calcite.incubator.apache.org. Let us know if you notice any pieces
of infrastructure that don’t work or have not been renamed.

It is now OK to commit to master branch. In fact I have committed a
few back-logged patches already. I have a couple more features to put
in, then I think we should start renaming packages.

I spoke at Strata + Hadoop World conference in New York last week. The
response was phenomenal — a lot of people like the idea of a system
that receives SQL queries, mediates with various back-end stores, and
creates an optimal plan that ties them together. And they loved the
new lattice concept, which creates on-the-fly aggregate tables. My
slides are online [1] and watch for a blog post this week.

While in NY, I also spoke to the Hive user group about how Calcite is
being used in Apache Hive 0.14 [2].

For the latest news on Calcite, please follow ApacheCalcite on twitter
[3]. Also mention @ApacheCalcite in your tweets if you’re talking
about us!

Julian

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/julianhyde/calcite-stratany2014