calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Table Function with cursor
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2015 04:47:13 GMT
Would TableMacroFunction work for your purposes? It would expand the input to an input in the
RelNode tree, then you could optimize it as usual.

I mention it because you use the word “view”. Traditional SQL views are implemented as
table macros with 0 arguments, and parameterized views would a generalization to allow those
views to have parameters that are either constants or queries.

Julian