calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: upgrading jetty-server
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 21:44:09 GMT
The short answer is that CalciteConnectionImpl is really complicated and if we made it public
people would complain if we changed one iota.

I had assumed that the existing extension points (e.g. Schema) were sufficient. Creating a
new public API is not something I take on lightly. If we need a new extension point because
of an unmet need, let’s figure out something that will work for as many as possible of Calcite’s
users.

Julian

On Feb 7, 2015, at 3:03 PM, Hartman, Trevor <thartman@ebay.com> wrote:

> On a related note, why is CalciteConnectionImpl package-private? Due to this restriction,
I'm having to put my own code in a org.apache.calcite.jdbc package in order to create an org.apache.calcite.avatica.Meta.Factory
implementation.