calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrade Guava
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:04:05 GMT
My recommendation is that the Calcite community doesn't shade.  If someone
(such as Hive) wants to use a conflicting dependency, they can choose to
shade Calcite (and just the portions that conflict for them).   If you want
to see how we do this in Drill with Hive, you can look here [1]

I know there was a forwards incompatibility between certain Guava versions
(11 and 14 maybe?).  If we can pick one that is forward compatible.  (E.g.
Calcite supports 14 - 18), that would be ideal.  However, I'm not sure
Guava publishes anything like this.  As such, I suggest we just pick what
makes sense and people can shade if they need to.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/contrib/storage-hive/hive-exec-shade/pom.xml