calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Sitnikov <sitnikov.vladi...@gmail.com>
Subject pentaho-aggdesigner vs GPL issues
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 16:00:00 GMT
Hi,

Calcite has a runtime dependency on
org.pentaho:pentaho-aggdesigner-algorithm:5.1.5-jhyde

Juilan,
Can you please clarify what is the source of that artifact?
Is it actually safe under Apache 2 license?

pentaho-aggdesigner is clearly GPL-2 licensed:
https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-aggdesigner/blob/master/pentaho-aggdesigner-core/gpl-2.0.txt

I am not an expert in licensing issues, however I think it is not
valid to change project license from GPL to whatever by merely
performing a fork
(https://github.com/julianhyde/pentaho-aggdesigner/commit/c9dd9a057ec5a74eefeee63b3a519aa26c7733e2).

It looks like we should either drop pentaho-aggdesigner dependency, or
convince pentaho to enable Apache 2 compatible usage of the artifact
in question.

--
Regards,
Vladimir Sitnikov