calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: It's March already...
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 18:11:14 GMT
I am moving forward with the release. You should see the vote shortly.

As usual, I would like to see votes from as many of as possible. Not
just committers and PPMC members, but please indicate whether your
vote is binding. Can people please verify the release and vote today,
so that we can iterate quickly?

A few pieces of work did not make the cut:

* CALCITE-606. Thanks Jacques and Jinfeng for your prompt feedback. I
think that the patch I've made for 606 is a big step forward that
would benefit all projects, but it might destabilize the release, so I
am going to hold off integrating it. Based on Jacques' and Jinfgeng's
feedback, there is more work to be done on "trait propagation". Can we
keep up momentum on this, even while 1.1 is going through the release
vote process, so we can be sure to get it into 1.2?

* CALCITE-618. Nick and I have been doing good work on Avatica,
improving remoting for Statement.executeQuery and
PreparedStatement.execute, and adding JdbcMeta so that you can remote
an existing JDBC driver. This work is in
https://github.com/julianhyde/incubator-calcite/commits/calcite-618.
But again, it's not ready for release.

* CALCITE-507 (and related jira cases). Again, not quite ready for
release because there are MongoDB failures. Vladimir can you get this
ready?

* And I've started labeling a few other issues "next".
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE/fixforversion/12329362

I don't want to lose development momentum. We can continue working on
these issues on their respective branches, and we can commit to master
as soon as the release is final. (Committers, please do not make any
further commits to master branch until the release is final.)

Julian