calcite-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@gmail.com>
Subject Bound parameters in create table statements
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 01:47:23 GMT
Working on PHOENIX-971, I'm wondering what the expected behavior should be
for PreparedStatements created from CREATE TABLE sql with parameters.
Calcite's Avatica depends on the statement to identify the parameter types
at compile time, and return meaningful values for method invocations on
ParameterMetaData. It looks like Phoenix's CreateTableCompiler is
recognizing the number of parameters in my sql, but is not inferring type
information.

My question is: should Avatica be more flexible in allowing "fuzzy"
signatures for PreparedStatements, or should Phoenix's
StatementPlan#compile methods be determining parameter types in all cases?

Thanks,
Nick